INS Meeting Wireless DemandsPosted: July 20, 2012
Wireless internet usage at Griffith University is growing at a rapid rate, and in the past year, Griffith University has seen a tremendous growth in the use of smart devices amongst staff and students.
This has dramatically increased the demands on, and expectations of, the University wireless network.
INS has undertaken a number of initiatives to enable wireless to meet the demands on the University community, and these have proved quite successful:
- Easier device set up
- Improved wireless performance
- Improved wireless service coverage
- Extension of range of mobile devices supported
In addition, there have been significant changes to Griffith’s internet service that add to the wireless capability.
In late 2011, a major technology upgrade resulted in a number of benefits for staff and students:
- Students no longer being cut off when having used up their internet quota
- Internet quota increased
- Quota top-ups available
- Auto internet log-in
- Free off-peak download period increased