Free Mac Operating System Upgrade for Griffith StaffPosted: September 7, 2012
Apple has recently released the latest version of their operating system (OS), OSX Mountain Lion (also known as OSX 10.8).
This OS now includes an updated Dock, new look scrollbars, and Spotlight searching in the Launchpad app.
To get this upgrade, follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Software Requests” button on the Software Services home page
- Login using your Griffith ID and password
- In the “Product Search” box type LION
- Click on the OSX Mountain Lion Product and then the “Add to Cart” button
- Click on “Checkout” and provide the additional details required
Once these steps are completed, a request will be logged in the Service Desk Tool for support staff to upgrade your Mac.
See below for a visual step-by-step of this process. If you are having any problems with the getting the upgrade, please contact the Library and IT Helpdesk.