Drowning in emails?Posted: August 25, 2014
Do you ever feel like you can’t get on top of your emails? Here’s some simple, effective tips for gmail to put into practice.
1. Slim down the number of messages you need to look at.
Organise your email inbox by priority .
2. Write emails using the three sentences philosophy.
Try keeping emails succinct and to the point. If lengthy emails are required, a phone call or meeting may be more efficient.
3. Used Canned Responses for messages you send frequently.
Make email templates or Canned Responses for productivity.
4. Opt out of unnecessary group email threads with the Mute feature.
Learn about the Mute function in gmail.
5. Use social media for group conversations.
For collaborative projects, try using Yammer or Sharepoint.