Are you a Friends of the Library member?Posted: July 17, 2015 | |
For only $25 a year you can be!
The Friends of the Library provides professional and social opportunities for those interested in supporting the library and its evolution in our rapidly changing education environment.
As a Friend of the Library member you will enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Invitations to events featuring national and international guest speakers
- Friends only networking opportunities
- Access to exhibitions and displays
- Special pre-sale ticket offers to certain Griffith events
- Regular Friends of the Library e-newsletter
- Special Griffith REVIEW subscription – 20% off discount
- Discount on borrowing membership to the University Library
If you’re interested in becoming a member or would like to learn more about our events, visit griffith.edu.au/friends and register online.
Friends of the Library began in 2010.The Griffith University Friends of the Library network provides educational, cultural and social opportunities that deepen engagement between Griffith University and its broader communities for mutual benefit.
The Friends of the Library program seeks to:
- Provide events which foster the sharing of knowledge and ideas, and opportunities for cultural and social engagement between Griffith researchers, scholars and students, business, government and the broader community
- Promote Griffith as an exciting, innovative and inclusive place in which to study, research and work
- Promote interest in, and support for, Griffith University and its libraries from alumni and the broader community, through a range of activities, initiatives and programs.
The Friends of the Library, creates great opportunities and benefits to the University. It builds Griffith’s reputation as a vibrant, community-engaged university, a university of world leading researchers and scholars ready to openly share their knowledge and expertise for community benefit. Friends also promotes Griffith as a great place in which to study, demonstrating its attractiveness for potential students.
The benefits to the regions Griffith serves, from South Bank, through to Nathan/Mt Gravatt, Logan and the Gold Coast, are many. The Friends events help build community knowledge on matters of topical interest and add to the intellectual and cultural life of these regions. The programs are nuanced to best meet regional priorities, such as development of the Gold Coast as a vibrant cultural and educational precinct, exploration of the cultural communities which make up Logan’s richness or partnering with the Friends of the Conservatorium to promote Griffith’s musicians and music scholars.
For information on all upcoming and previous events, visit griffith.edu.au/library/friends